Fertility & Infertility Treatments
Dr Somas can help you understand your fertility and reproductive health issues. As a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist, he is thorough in his explanation and does not rush through the consultation, no matter how many patient appointments he has in a day.
Come and have a chat with Dr Somas if you are:
- trying to get pregnant for more than 6 months but have been unsuccessful
- trying to get pregnant but have had recurring miscarriages for a while now
- already pregnant and would like to come in for ante-natal and pregnancy care check-ups
- would like to undergo a prenatal 4D ultrasound scan to see your baby in full 4D (with videos to bring home to show your family and friends)
When you become one of his patients, you have the privilege of getting his private mobile number. He is available to you from Mondays to Sundays, 7 days a week.
Many mothers-to-be have welcomed this gesture of genuine care and attention.
His pregnant patients may ring him and get to speak to him, even after clinic hours because he understands that new mothers-to-be are especially worried and fearful.
“I’m here as your gynaecologist to reassure you that your baby is fine,” he says. You can email him too if you have any problems you are unsure of.
The bottomline is, Dr Somas is never too busy to answer your phone call or reply your email because he believes that every patient needs to know that her obstetrician and gynaecologist can be easily contacted, any time, any where.
Female Reproductive Health
Aside from pregnancy and fertility-related issues, you can consult with Dr Somas if you suffer from menstrual disorders, uterine fibroids, urinary incontinence, PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome), endometriosis, menopause, vaginal infections, ovulation disorders, ovarian cysts and more.
All consultation and surgery are carried out at Gleneagles Penang.
Male Infertility Consultation
Although his speciality is female reproductive medicine, Dr Somas believes it takes two to make a baby. Therefore he is open to accepting male patients, usually the husbands of his female patients. He offers help and consultation for male infertility issues such as low sperm count, low sperm motility or abnormal sperm problems which affects a couple’s chances of conceiving.
Obstetrics & Pregnancy-related Services
Dr Somas also offers these obstetrics and pregnancy-related services:
- pre-conception counselling/pre-pregnancy counselling
- early pregnancy care
- routine antenatal/pregnancy care
- 3D/4D ultrasound
- anomaly obstetrics ultrasound
- prenatal diagnosis
- managing hypertension, diabetes etc. during pregnancy
- multiple pregnancies or breech pregnancy
- managing high risk as well as low risk pregnancies
Other gynaecological services offered include:
- cancer screening/Pap smear/pelvic ultrasound/ breast examination/mammogram
- abnormal vaginal bleeding
- gynaecological surgery/vaginal repair
- laparoscopy/hysteroscopy surgery
- pelvic organ prolapse/uterine prolapse
- urinary incontinence/leakage/overactive bladder
- recurrent miscarriage
- sexual dysfunction
- male infertility
- gynaecological cancer screening & prevention
- vaginal infection/pelvic pain
- uterine fibroids
- reproductive medicine disorders
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist